Since Americans are beginning to take the use of bidet toilet seats seriously, there is a higher possibility of more of its production. Therefore don’t be surprised to see more companies with quality, innovative bidet seats and toilets rolling into the market. This is all to meet user’s desires, choices and improve overall health. The aspiration to promote healthy living is behind the creation of Coway Bidetmega 200.
The Coway Bidetmega 200 bidet seat is one of the innovations of Cowaymega. Cowaymega is one of the companies in Korea that is eminent in the production of modern healthy home improvement products like air purifiers, water purifiers, and also the bidet toilet seat.
The company has been in the home health industry since 1989 and has noted expertise that aids in the production of its products. According to them, they venture into the creation of bidet toilet seats to promote healthy living, save trees, and also reduce the use of toilet paper.
The Coway Bidetmega 200 is the lower version of the Coway Bidetmega 400, which is known to be their premium heated seat. However, even as a lower version, this bidet toilet seat is very active and has useful features in it.
To learn more about Coway Bidetmega 200 and its price, this review covers all the information you need concerning it. Or if it’s the right product for your toilet.
Coway Bidetmega 200 Review and Buying Guide
The overall outer design of the Coway Bidetmega 200
While the exterior design of a bidet toilet seat does not speak of its functionalities and durability, it can be apt to improve the general look of your toilet. Therefore, when purchasing a bidet toilet seat, it’s okay and plausible to go for one with a better design. At least when a visitor walks into your bathroom, they can give a good impression of your toilet seat.
For the Coway Bidetmega 200, the exterior design looks very modern and lustrous. Even though it has a tank at it back that machines the heating of the water in turn for warm water, the seat still appears less hulking but slim. While it is made with solid Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) plastic for reliable durability, the color only comes in white.
In addition to this, it comes with a side panel on the right side that has several buttons on it. Thus, this side panel and buttons control all the functionalities of this bidet toilet seat. Cowaymega makes the shape of Coway Bidetmega 200 versatile for every toilet owner. This bidet toilet seat shape comes in an elongated shape and also in a round shape.
This is one mistake some bidet toilet seat makers make. Some manufacturers produce quality bidet seats for users with an elongated toilet but make no provision for users with round toilets. Therefore, if you want to get the Bidetmega 200 and you’re either making use of a round or elongated toilet, you have an option to choose from. Whether you choose the round or elongated shape, they both have the same features and functions.
Features and Functions
Speaking of features and functions, as a new advanced bidet toilet seat, the Coway Bidetmega 200 has some good notable ones. However, below are all the vital noteworthy functions and structures you can find in this bidet seat.
· Dual nozzle spray
The nozzle spray of a bidet spray is one of the essential features of a bidet. It is because it is the features that wash you after your toilet business. Fortunately, one of the most remarkable features of the Coway Bidetmega 200 bidet toilet seat is the nozzle spray.
Unlike some bidet seats in its category with one nozzle spray, the Coway Bidetmega 200 comes with a dual nozzle spray. This assists in giving the user the perfect wash. This wand also comes in stainless steel and not plastic. For perfect hygiene, the dual wand can be customized to different settings. Also, importantly, it has a rear wash and even a front wash for feminine use.
· I-wave technology
Indeed, for every product, there is a selling point that makes them stand out. For this bidet toilet seat, it is the “I-wave technology.” This technology feature is what made most people sort for this bidet seat.
What the Coway Bidetmega 200 I-wave technology does is initiate a four-step washing and rinsing procedure whenever the user sits for cleansing. This exclusive innovative technology provides an unadulterated technology that combines air, water pressure, and time.
Thus, this four process begins by introducing the “soft start or soft wash,” which is usually slow and likewise soft. This is followed by the “pre-wash,” which comes in a mild high spray. Then begins the “main-wash,” which is considered the peak of them all as it comes in high density or wave. Then, slowly emerge is the “rinse wash.” In as much as this washing process is done every time in this wave-like format, it is likewise fast and cleans properly.
· IPX5 waterproof device
Not only is the design of this bidet toilet seat modernly slim and stable, but it also comes with an IPX5 waterproof device. This IPX5 feature aid in the resistance of a continual water jet spray that comes in a low-pressure destiny. The device also aids in the maintenance of the toilet seat for more extended durability and promotes safety.
· Child mode feature
Even though most bidets available on the market can be suitable for children to use, it is appreciable to have a “child mode” washing feature. This is where the Coway Bidetmega 200 bidet seat wins again. Very few bidet seats in the market hold this feature.
The function of the child mode is to initiate a softer spray wash when a child is using it. Not that the regular spray wash isn’t good for a child when using it, but the density can be a bit much for them.
The Side Panel Control
As earlier stated, the Bidetmega 200 comes with a panel control with numerous buttons on it. This panel is on the right side of the seat. The placement of this control panel is placed in a way that is visible to the users. However, depending on your size or how you sit, you may need to twist yourself in a comfortable position to access the buttons.
Nevertheless, on the control panel are buttons for controlling the entire process of the bidet seat. From the panel control, you can adjust the flow of the water and also its temperature. The user can even position the nozzle to different positions to get the perfect wash. The temperature of the heated seat can also be adjusted to preference. There is also LED light on the control panel; it can be your guide in the night to know which button to reach for.
If you want to wash or target either your rear or the front, there is an option for you to choose from in the panel. The control panel also houses the activation of the child mode feature. On it is also the “power” button, which is the activation mode of the bidet. Another worthy feature of this seat that can be found on the panel is the “eco mode.” This feature is usually available on most reputable bidet toilet seats, and it aids in the reduction of energy.
Installation Process of the Coway Bidetmega 200
The installation process of the Coway Bidetmega 200 is an easy one and doesn’t require much tedious work. Whether you have installed a bidet before or not, you can quickly get it fixed and running in no time. The installation process is the same as installing every other bidet toilet seat. You also don’t need to pay a pumper to fix it.
Thus, an able grown-up person can easily install it.
The most crucial aspect that determines you get the perfect fitting for this bidet seat is by purchasing the right size. Therefore, you should FIRST know what shape your toilet is. That is, is it elongated or round? Most people make the mistake of purchasing an elongated bidet toilet seat for a round toilet, only to realize this later.
Having the right Coway Bidetmega 200 bidet size with you, here is the step by step guide on how to install it.
- First, start by removing your previous toilet seat. You should also seize this opportunity to clean the toilet and its surface, if possible.
- Then turn off the water supply valve, which is usually beneath the toilet tank. To ensure there is no water in the water tank, flush the toilet.
- Proceed by unscrewing the water hose that connects to your water tank from the water supply valve.
- Then put in the T-connector that comes with the bidet seat and tighten it up.
- When the T-connector correctly fits, use one side to connect the water hose to the water tank.
- Put in the sliders and the anchors that come with the seat. Then slide your bidet seat into it. If you hear the click sound, then it has a lock-in. Importantly, you should leave a space between the mount holes and your toilet tank so it can be easy to open the toilet. The distance should be more than 1.8 inches long.
- Place the installation plate on the toilet seat, in-between the two holes where the previous toilet seat was connected.
- Connect the bidet hose from the other side of the T-connector to the bidet seat when it is placed.
- If the seat is non-shaky, then it means you have installed it flawlessly.
In a nutshell, the installation can take up to a maximum of 45 minutes to fix or even lower than that. However, for better visual installation process for the Bidetmega 200, below is a video guide from Cowaymega
How to use the Coway Bidetmega 200
Just like the installation process, the use of the Bidetmega 200 is also easy. Even with the many buttons on the control panel, it’s pretty straight forward to understand. The one thing that contributed to this is because every icon on the side panel comes with a written word to sufficient understanding. Also, if you have used a bidet seat before, utilizing the Bidetmega 200 is the same.
Nevertheless, the usage process starts by:
- When you sit on the bidet toilet seat, it will be warm as the heated features heat the lid. The nozzle automatically activates itself. It self-cleans internally when a user sets out to use it.
- Proceed to do your toilet deeds, which could be either peeing or another toilet act.
- Carry on by wiping off with tissue paper. Though, this step may be optional for some users; some have sworn that they feel clean using the bidet spray straight away without wiping with a tissue while it’s the opposite for some users. Whichever method you use, just know that the spray pressure of the Bidetmega 200 comes with good pressure.
- After wiping with tissue paper (or not), you should then turn-on the ‘power’ button on the side panel. With this, the I-wave technology washing process begins immediately. You can either target the rear area or the sensitive area by pressing either the “rear” or the “front” button on the panel. Kids should make use of the “child” wash.
- Depending on the water flow pressure you want, you can alter it to either high or low from the control panel.
- When it’s done washing you, activate the “dry” button to dry you. You also increase the temperature of the dryer too. If you are in a hurry, you can first pat dry with a few tissues and then carry on by using the dryer.
When using a bidet, be confident that the amount of tissue paper you use daily reduces when compared to before. This is part of what makes a good bidet seat.
Who can use this bidet toilet seat?
While it is very apposite for both men and women, the Coway Bidetmega 200 is very suitable for kids as earlier stated. It is also ideal for elders, though some seniors who have mobility problems may have a little discomfort when using or reaching for the side panel.
One impressive feature we also love about Bidetmega 200 is because it is also beneficial and usable for those with visual impairment. On the side panel, every button comes with braille. The braille on the buttons assists a visually impaired user to identify a particular feature.
The seat is sturdy enough to carry a heavy user weighing up to 300lbs-330lbs. This is because of the toughness of the ABS plastic.
All its features and specifications
Below are all the features and specifications of the Coway Bidetmega 200;
- A Heated seat
- There is also an in-built dryer
- IPX5 waterproof technology
- Self-cleaning dual steel nozzle
- Child mode features
- A user-friendly control panel at the right side
- Conversely, has easy installation
- Warm water supply
- Soft-close lid
- It also has an adjusted nozzle
- I-wave cleaning technology
- Ability to adjust the temperature of the seat, water and also the pressure of the water
- Additionally, braille on the panel buttons for visual impaired
- Color: White
- Material: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) plastic and stain nozzle
- Shapes: Elongated and round
- Overall weight for elongated: 15.5 pounds
- Overall weight for the round: 17.15 pounds
- Voltage; 120 V~ 60 ㎐
- Dimensions for Round (W) x (D) x (H); 20 in (W) x 19.8 in (D) x 5.9 in (H)
- Dimensions for Elongated (W) x (D) x (H); 20 in (W) x 21.1 in (D) x 5.9 in (H)
- Power Code: 47.2 inches (1.2 m). Besides, it uses a grounding plug
- Distance between the mounting holes: min 5.1 inches to a max of 7.9
- Operating Water Pressure: 0.1 MPa ~ 0.68 MPa
- Overall Warranty: 1-Year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
- Installation material provided by the manufacturer; 2 fixing screws, 1 bidet hose, 1 fixing plate, 2 fixing washers, 1 T connector, 2 fixing sliders, 2 fixing nuts, 2 fixing rubbers, and also 1 rubber packing.
Pros and Cons of the Coway Bidetmega 200
As much as there are useful advanced features that make the Bidetmega 200 very much likable for some users, there are also some possible turn-offs. If you intend to purchase this bidet seat for your toilet, below are the strengths and weaknesses we noticed. Therefore, take it as your guide to ensure if it’s the right product for you.
- Well equipped with advanced features mostly available in premium bidet toilet seats
- The spray pressure washes well and can also be customized according to user preference
- The specific function of the child mode wash is a plus
- Consequently, the eco mode feature helps to conserve power usage
- It is likewise very durable for users with heavyweight
- Buttons on the control panel have LED light for easy usage
- Its braille function is another excellent advantage
- The price of the Bidetmega 200 seems fair for the tasks and features that come with it.
- Since it doesn’t come with an external remote control, some users may have to twist around to operate the control panel. This may be too much tasking for users with mobility issues. In other words, this includes elders
- Even though there is an LED light on the control panel, the bidet itself does not come with an LED night light, which can help with mid-night navigation.
- While the seat lid soft-closes, it does not automatically open and close.
- It does not come with a deodorizer
One question we often get is if the use of a bidet toilet seat will incur additional electricity bills. A straight forward answer is YES. It is because of the electrical functions such as heated seats, warm water supply, and air-dryer. However, the incurring bill is not crazily expensive, as many thought it would be.
Moreover, the eco mode feature that is in-built is perfect for the preservation of power consumption. The reduction of the seat temperature and air-dryer can also help to conserve power. Also, in summer, when the weather is hot, you can turn off the heated seat.
In an estimation, Coway Bidetmega 200 can incur about $65-$80 bills per year. Though there is a possible reduction depending on how often you use it and also by turning off the features you aren’t using.
Note: you need an outlet in your toilet to use this bidet toilet seat. So, do make a provision for it. If you don’t have an outlet immediately, the use of an extension can still help. Just make sure you use only a three-wire extension cord. Preferably the one that has a three-blade grounding plug.
Price of the Coway Bidetmega 200
You can check and get the best price for the Bidetmega 200 here on Amazon. Our price review for Coway Bidetmega 200 concludes that, with the many attributes forfeited in this bidet, its price seems rational. Also, considering that it’s a one-time purchase. For some bidet toilet seats with superior features like automatic open and closing lid, night light, and other higher features, the price tends to be higher than the cost of the Bidetmega 200.
What other products can be an alternative for this product?
If you are looking for an alternative to the Coway Bidetmega 200, below are the bidet toilet seats that also have similar features in it;
Bio Bidet BB-600 is one of the topmost purchased and well-rated bidet toilet seats. It has almost all the features of the Bidetmega 200 but does not come with a stainless nozzle. It also falls in the same price range.
The TOTO C100 will always be mentioned when the top TOTO washlets are listed. It is because it has been highly purchased for its durability and reliability. Moreover, TOTO is a well-known brand in the bidet industry. The price of this heated seat is also in the same range.
Likewise, the Alpha JX is another bidet toilet seat with top advanced features. For users who want to purchase a bidet seat with the same price range as the Coway Bidetmega 200 that has a remote control, then this is an option. Not only is the remote control the fun feature in it, it also comes with other similar advanced functions.
Should You Buy This Bidet Seat?
In conclusion, from our Coway Bidetmega 200 review, you should note that this bidet seat comes with many features. A well-equipped bidet with good washing pressure is what most people seek in a bidet. The Bidetmega 200 is a good one. However, if you don’t mind it above listed cons or setbacks, then it’s okay to go for it.